The best tapas bars in Barcelona: Top best tortillas, basque "pinchos", bravas potatoes and traditional spanish tapas.
The top 11 restaurants in Barcelona for romantic dinner
The most romantic and beautiful restaurants in Barcelona
To look for the perfect romantic restaurant in Barcelona for an anniversary, or better even, for a first date, could become a challenging and time consuming quest – Barcelona being a cosmopolitan city with a huge variety of places.
If what you want is to impress that one special person, just having a good quality dinner will not be enough. Everything must be flawless: the setting , the service, the location, and of course the prices. To help you choose that ideal place we created a list of the top 11 romantic restaurants in Barcelona Spain.
1. Maná 75
Dare to enjoy a truly magical dinner
Sea breeze, warm lighting, perfect climate and bossa nova music in the background sculpt a comfortable, charming and elegant setting with candle lights.
You know that your romantic dinner for two is going to go well when, as soon as you enter, the waiters receive you with a friendly smile and you instantly feel good. To add magic to the matter, the food is exquisite and the cocktails are strong. Valued by many locals as the restaurant with the best paella in Barcelona, they also serve exceptional tartar, fish, meat, and classic Mediterranean dishes that will undoubtedly impress your better half. All the meals are accompanied by an exquisite wine cart and impeccable service.
2. 1881 per Sagardi
Romantic restaurant with a view of the Yacht Marina
The views of the Port Vell and the incredible sunsets are an ideal spectacle for a truly romantic dinner for two in Barcelona. The 1881 per Sagardi is a restaurant that belongs to the Catalan History Museum and is definitely one of a kind. If your guest is from out of town, visiting this restaurant is sure to wow them.
So if you actually want to impress your date, paying for dinner here is sure to be worth it. Delicious rice dishes, shellfish, fish and grilled meat are their main gastronomic offers. The terrace is the protagonist of the place and is accompanied by live music by a DJ and a complete cocktail menu.
- Google ratings: 4.1 (2K reviews)
- Average price: 50-80 €
- Address: Pl.Pau de la Vila, 3, 08003 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Cozy atmosphere and spectacular views. Dinners on the terrace are phenomenal at sunset. Open every day.
3. La Terraza del Claris
Tasting menu plus and a nice terrace make for a terrific date.
La Terraza de Claris is located in the heart of Barcelona, a place where modernism and classicism that define the city converge. The rooftop of the Claris Hotel & Spa, a building that is part of Barcelona’s Architectural Heritage, with a comfortable and full of good vibes atmosphere, will make you relax and feel at home for the rest of the evening.
Diners prefer this romantic restaurant in Barcelona for the quality-price ratio of its exquisite Mediterranean cuisine dishes, the intimacy of cozy tables and the impeccable service.
- Google ratings: 4.4 (378 reviews)
- Average price: 60-90 €
- Address: C/ de Pau Claris, 150, 08009 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Perfect spot for a date night or friends reunion. The views remind you of the top location you are dining at. Offers a tasting menu. Closed on Thursday.
4. a Restaurant
Large selection of wines to accompany that one special occasion
a Restaurant is located in Sant Felip Neri square, a setting that brings true authenticity to any romantic occasion. A cozy, calm and charming environment for those who prefer to feel at home on a date.
The menu is quite varied, prepared for any preference, elaborated with local products that are selected and cooked with a lot of care. This romantic restaurant stands out among wine-lovers with the finest palates as it has one of the widest and most varied wine lists in the area.
- Google ratings: 4.2 (348 reviews)
- Average price: 40-60 €
- Address: Plaça de Sant Felip Neri, 2, 08002 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Ideal to have a few glasses of good wine with that one special person. Open every day.
5. El salón
Tiny and intimate romantic restaurant for truly special evenings
The name itself makes us think of coziness, after all, there is nothing more comfortable than a ” living room” at home, right? And this particular comfy corner is located in the heart of the Gothic Quarter and if you visit it you will be awed by its homey, bohemian and casual style.
It is an ideal place for couples or small groups. It stands out for having a first class service and unique variety of flavors. Its cuisine is based on local seasonal products, which guarantees the quality of the dishes and the variety of the Mediterranean essence. Truly amazing spot for romantic dinner in Barcelona
- Google ratings: 4.5 (513 reviews)
- Average price: 30-50 €
- Address: Carrer de l’Hostal d’en Sol, 6, 08002 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Small and very private space. The decoration and the flavors of the dishes make you feel at home and reminds you of the traditional gastronomy. Closed on Sunday.
6. Torre d´alta mar
Mediterranean cuisine high up
The romantic restaurant’s panoramic views are unique to the entire Mediterranean coast. You can dine at 75 meters high with Starboard, Bow or Port orientation. If what you are looking for is to have a luxurious evening, this restaurant is undoubtedly your best option.
It features a modern cuisine that respects Barcelona’s culinary traditions. The style of the restaurant and the views set the place for a truly unforgettable occasion.
- Google ratings: 4.3 (1.1K reviews)
- Average price: 100 €
- Address: Pg. de Joan de Borbó, 88, 08039 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Perfect to enjoy a high-end Mediterranean food tasting menu. Holds a Michelin score. Opens every day.
The best option if you are looking for elegant setting and delicious food
Its cuisine is creative and leaves you astonished and wondering. The peculiarity of Osmosis is that there are two areas to choose from: a slightly more informal ground floor and a floor above it where you can enjoy the tasting menu.
The decoration and the atmosphere make you forget that you are in the middle of a big city. An exquisite place to have a glass or two of wine after dinner. And Excellent choice for those who are looking for romantic dinner ideas in Barcelona.
- Google ratings: 4.4 (939 reviews)
- Average price: 40-50 €
- Address: Carrer d’Aribau, 100, Primera Planta, 08036 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Snug and comfortable restaurant that despite being in the center of the city isolates you from the hustle and bustle. Wine pairing available. Closed on Sunday.
8. La Cua Curta
Impresses with its delicious homemade fondue
A full charm romantic restaurant in Barcelona decorated in the classic style. The warm lighting, the private tables for couples and the attention of the staff will make you feel at home and definitely want to come back again.
La Cua Curta mixes family and gastronomic traditions. Truly delicious fondue, tapas, salads, carpaccios and tartares. It being a family restaurant, you can breathe an atmosphere of good vibes, tranquility and harmony.
- Google ratings: 4.5 (843 reviews)
- Average price: 30-50 €
- Address: Carrer de la Carassa, s/n, 08003 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Restaurant specialized in homemade fondue, promises a unique and private experience. Closed on Monday
9. My Way Lounge
Travel to the romantic New York from the 50s
The elegant chill-out setting is undoubtedly a classic for romantic dates and intimate dinners for two. In the My Way you will enjoy Mediterranean cuisine with an international touch.
Without a doubt it would be a singular experience that is worth enjoying. What fans of My Way Lounge love the most is the remarkable cocktail bar and the exhibition on the second floor of Tamara de Lempicka, one of the greatest references of Art Deco.
- Google ratings: 4.5 (1062 reviews)
- Average price: 40-60 €
- Address: 4-10, Carrer de les Heures, 08002 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Ideal to enjoy a perfect combination between the Mediterranean flavors and popular international food. Closed on Sunday.
Romantic restaurant in Barcelona with a Catalan cuisine
Placed in a former stable with a beautiful Romanesque imprint that preserves the stone walls and makes this place unique for special occasions and romantic evenings. They specialize in Mediterranean food, grilled meat and fish. The waiters here serve with extra care and efficiency. You cannot miss tasting the famous roasted baby potatoes with smoked chili “brava” sauce or the grilled octopus with parmentier potatoes.
If you are looking for a matchless experience, Arcano restaurant is the answer.
- Google ratings: 4.5 (2.3K reviews)
- Average price : 30-40 €
- Address: Carrer dels Mercaders, 10, 08003 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Charming setting, perfect for enjoying peaceful, quiet and intimate dinner dates. Availability of a tasting menu. Open every day.
11. Il Mercante di Venezia
Italian food to enjoy with your better half
This list couldn’t miss the tasty Italian cuisine that is already the most romantic thing in itself, as well as being one of the cheapest. Il Mercante di Venezia is made to enjoy exquisite Venetian dishes and superb Italian wines surrounded by decor recreating the 18th century Venetian palaces. Classical music, chandeliers loaded with candles and carefully lighted intimate corners make this restaurant a unique place for special events.
- Google ratings: 4.4 (1.5K reviews)
- Average price: 25-40 €
- Address: Carrer de Josep Anselm Clavé, 11, 08002 Barcelona
- Characteristics: Famous for meticulously recreating Italian gastronomy. Delicious vegan dishes available.
The best romantic restaurants in Barcelona are waiting for you
Let love and good vibes surround you in the special ambiance of these romantic restaurants in Barcelona. If I had to choose between one of these romantic spots, I would undoubtedly stay on the seafront, walking along the beach at sunset and then having a delicious dinner at Maná 75. That plan would guarantee the success of any date.
And as they say: don’t leave for tomorrow the meal that you can enjoy today! Make your online reservation here.
Get to know the culinary tradition of Barcelona with the best traditional Restaurants that preserve the essence of Spanish &...
Find out the best Spanish restaurants in Barcelona that are most faithful to Mediterranean food traditions and which you cannot...
Celebrate the last night of the year with your loved ones having a special dinner accompanied by live music and...